If you’re an Electrical Engineer, then a multimeter might probably be your best friend. A multimeter is a device that is used to test different electronic instruments. It is ideal for measuring resistance, current, and voltage especially when troubleshooting types of machinery.
We have researched and tested various multimeters from AliExpress and we have listed down the best ones that we have found. These instruments have to be on top of their game to help you effectively and efficiently test various electronic machines and applications.
How to Choose the Best Budget Multimeter
Before purchasing a multimeter that you would be using for long periods of time, there are currently two factors that you need to know about.
- Manual vs. Auto range: If you would be performing a lot of tasks and measuring tons of machines and applications, an auto-range multimeter is your best choice. This type of multimeter will be automatically connected to the device and it will set the measurement parameter automatically too. The reading will be displayed on the screen without turning on various knobs unlike using a manual multimeter.
- Accuracy: Accuracy is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a multimeter. Digital multimeters are generally more accurate than manual ones because they give automatic readings. On the other hand, make sure to always double-check the multimeter properly before using it on a project.
- Continuity Time Response: Once you get a faster time response from your multimeter, the better it will be when analyzing any circuit. Using a multimeter with a slow time response will take so much of your time when analyzing an open or short circuit.
- Safety Features: Since you are dealing with electronics, your safety should always be your number 1 priority. If you are a newbie, you can choose to start with 5V DC voltages and choose a cheaper multimeter. A multimeter has to have CAT safety measures to keep you safe all the time.
What can be measured using a multimeter?
Multimeters are generally used to measure ohms, voltage, and currents. But there are high-end multimeters like the digital ones that we have reviewed above that can measure other parameters like inductance, temperature, capacitance, continuity, and more.
Top AliExpress Multimeter
|Top Multimeters on AliExpress||Price:|
|BSIDE Digital Multimeter||$16.16|
|TASI TA804AB Digital Multimeter||$16.33|
|ANENG AN8205C Digital Multimeter||$10.62|
|Towayer LCD Digital Multimeter||$4.01|
|MESTEK DM90A NCV Digital Multimeter||$9.99|
BSIDE Digital Multimeter
The BSIDE Digital Multimeter is the best option that you have when you purchase a multimeter from AliExpress. This multimeter belongs to the latest generation of smart multimeters and the best part is that it comes with a 3.5-inch large screen display.
The LED display can give you accurate results when you test for voltage, frequency, and other measurements included on the product. It also has a maximum display of 10,000 counts, so if you would be needing a higher count multimeter for larger machineries, you might want to look for a higher model.
It is powered with a built-in 800mAh lithium battery that is rechargeable to help you have the most efficiency while testing various products. This multimeter is best used for car repairs, mechanical repairs, electrical repairs, and even home use.
- With flashlight lighting and HD backlight
- Can be used for testing DC voltage, Diode test, Continuity test, Resistance test, Live wire detection, Duty cycle/frequency test, and capacitance test
- Display: 6000 (S7) / 9999 counts (S9CL/S10/S11).
- Screen: 3.5 inch.
- DC Voltage: 0~620V ±(0.5%+3); Resolution: 0.001V.
- AC Voltage: 0~620V ±(0.5%+5); Resolution: 0.001V.
- Resistance:1Ω-999.9Ω ±(2.0%+5); 1kΩ-60MΩ ±(1.0%+3); Resolution: 0.11Ω.
- Capacitance: 1nF-999.9nF ±(6.0%+5); 1uF-99.99mF ±(3.0%+3); Resolution: 0.001nF.
TASI TA804AB Digital Multimeter
If you are looking for an ultra-thin multimeter that functions as powerful as other large multimeters, then the TASI TA804AB Digital Multimeter might be the one you should be purchasing for your electronic projects. This multimeter has a size like that of a smartphone so it’s very easy to carry around.
This digital multimeter can measure frequency, DC/AC voltage, resistance, on and off circuits, and NCV detection. It also features a clear and large screen that is perfect for testing in poorly lit project areas. It is powered by an AAA 1.5 V single battery and promises to be accurate every single time you need to use it.
When you receive the package, you will receive a protective rubber case, packaging color box, test pen, screwdriver, a host, and an English instruction manual.
- Size : 148x76x19mm(Length x With x Height)
- Power Supply : AAA battery x 1
- Weight : 167g(including battery)
- DC Voltage : 0.9V-600V(0.8% +/- 5)
- AC Voltage : 0.9V-600V(0.8% +/- 3)
- Resistance : 10Ω-60Ω(1.5% +/- 2)
- analog bar : 21 Segments
- Measuring Capacitance Range: 1nF-60000μF
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 50 ℃
ANENG AN8205C Digital Multimeter
Make work time much faster and easier using the ANENG AN8205C Digital Multimeter. If you would be working on small-time projects, this 1999 display value multimeter will help you get through all your testings in a breeze.
It also features a low-voltage symbol display and overload protection to ensure that you are 100% safe from any hazard. Night testing and dark places can no longer be an issue because this multimeter comes with a clear backlight. All you need to do is to turn on the screen light by clicking the backlight button and you are all set!
This multimeter is perfect for repairing smartphones, appliances, and electricity maintenance repairs for various machines. You would also love that this multimeter comes with a silicone case so it will always be protected against damages and dents.
- DC voltage: 200mV – 2-20-2000-600v plus or minus 0.5%
- AC voltage: 200V – 600V plus or minus 1.0%
- DC current: 2m – 20m – 200m – 10A + 1.8%
- Resistance: 200-2-20 k to 200 k, 2 k m Ω plus or minus 1.0%
- Temperature measurement: K type thermocouple, – 20 ℃ ~ 1300 ℃ (+ / – 3%)
- Triode measurement: (PNP/NPN triode hFE)
- Diode measurement: Yes
- Pass test: Yes
- Input resistance: 1 m Ω
- Electric pool: 9V, 6F22 (Battery is not included)
- Maximum display: 1999 (3 semi-liquid crystal display)
- Display size: 45 x 18mm
Get this now for only $10.62
Towayer LCD Digital Multimeter
The Towayer LCD Digital Multimeter is one of the most versatile multimeters that you can find in the market. Since it is small and compact, don’t expect it to work on big projects and machinery. It only has a maximum display of 1999 but it has overload protection to ensure your safety every time you use the product.
- Max AC Current: 10A
- Max AC Voltage range: 1000V
- Max DC Voltage range: 750V
- Resistance Measurement: 200 Ohm-2000K Ohm range
- Temperature Test: -40-1000 ℃
- Power Supply: 9V Battery (Not Included Here)
- Color: Black /Yellow
- Size: Approx. 123 x 67 x 20mm/4.84 x 2.63 x 0.78” (L*W*H)
- Scale degree & Accuracy:
- DC voltage: 200mV 100uv±(0.5% + 2)
- AC voltage: 200V 100mv±(1.2% + 10)
- DC current: 2000ua 1ua±(1% + 2)
- Resistance: 200Ω0.1Ω±(0.8% + 2)
Get it now for only $4.01
MESTEK DM90A NCV Digital Multimeter
If you are just starting out learning electronics and basic phone repairs, you can check out this EARU Digital Multimeter. The best feature of this multimeter is its non-contact voltage detection where it automatically detects the voltage level without coming in contact with plugs live wires.
It also has a compact temperature test where all you need to do is to plug the temperature wire directly with hot water to efficiently measure the temperature in Farenheit or Celsius. The one key measurement feature of this multimeter is also perfect for making your work time much faster and efficient.
- AC and DC voltage test
- AC and DC current test
- Capacitance, resistance test
- Temperature test
- Automatic shutdown. backlight
- Note: powered by 3 x AAA battery, shipped without battery
- Safety Level: 600V CAT II
- Maximum Display: 6000
- Control: Auto
- Altitude: <2000m
- Power Supply: 3 * 1.5V AAA Battery (NOT Included)
- Operating Temperature: 0~40°C (<80%RH)
- Storage Temperature: -10~60°C (<70%RH, without battery)
- Test or Calibration Environment: 20°C±2°C
- Conversion Rate: Approx. 3 times/second
- Over Indicator: “OL” displayed
- Low Battery Indicator: Yes
- Diode Test: Yes
- Continuity Buzzer: Yes
- Auto Power Off: about 15mins
Get this now for only $9.99
Getting the Best Multimeter on AliExpress
In choosing the best multimeter for your hobby or job, make sure that you know what type of parameters will you measure. This will allow you to check out all the specifications of the certain multimeter that you are eyeing.
Also, make sure to take extra precautions when using this device. Even though these multimeters are rigorously tested, you have to ensure that you are following all the safety precautions when dealing with electronics. Have you tried using any of these multimeters above? Let us know in the comments!